Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in fourteen countries, including retail, third-party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers.
As a member of China Compliance Operation team, we are responsible for the classification of ASINs in our catalog that can be safely stored in the Fulfillment Center's and shipped to customer while safely meeting all local laws and regulations. We also prevent the sale of items that either Amazon chooses not to sell or are prohibited by law or regulations. In the global trade and direct import areas we are accountable for the import tariff classification and ensure imported products have had proper testing for safety and operability.
At Amazon, safety is our number one concern for both our employees, customers and the environment. We are looking for a dynamic candidate to support our dangerous goods and substances classification processes. The position will support the Product Compliance team in ensuring that products are classified as dangerous goods and substances according to terms of handling, disposal, storage and transportation. These terms are defined by both international and country-specific regulations.
Core responsibilities will be to review the catalog to ensure that dangerous goods are properly classified in our internal systems. Attention to detail, balancing requirements for quality and productivity, prioritizing and organizational skills are key to this role.
- Analyzing Safety Data Sheets in order to upload relevant information to Amazon systems.
- Ensuring that classification is aligned with Amazon catalogues worldwide and that products sourced comply with the Amazon dangerous goods management program.
- Continuous improvement of Amazon processes.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure Safety Data Sheets provided by vendors or sellers comply with legal requirements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1+ years' work experience inelectronics, foreign trade, e-commerce operations, certification, outsourcing, supply chain, etc.
- Strong Excel skill, familiar with formula, Macros, search engine methodologies.
- Detail oriented, data driven, self-motivated, and logical mind.
- Logic thinker and able to perform the review process and solve problem efficiently.
- Ability to work in highly ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent English writing and basic verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of data warehouse and SQL is a strong plus.
- Dangerous Goods experience and/or certification preferred.